New: Edumatic Certification
The Edumatic Certification module is an Edumatic module that grants a certificate to a user who succeeds for an Edumatic assessment.
As a training responsible of your organization, you can log on to the Certification module, create new certificates and link these to your Edumatic assessments. The certificates can be customized to your corporate branding guidelines.
If the candidates pass a test, they will receive an email with their personal certificate (name, date, …) attached in PDF format.
The Certification module is a web-based extension to the Edumatic platform. You can use the module via Edumatic+ using your Edumatic login, so no new login is needed.
Contact us if you want to explore the possibilities of the new Certification module.
Edumatic modules integrated in Edumatic+
We are happy to introduce Edumatic+, the central place to access the new Edumatic modules Edumail and Certification.
All modules are now accessible through one and the same URL:
<name of your Edumatic channel>.edumaticplus.com
You can log on to Edumatic+ with your current Edumatic account (no new login is required).
Note that you need an appropriate license to have access to the Edumatic+ modules. To receive access, contact Televic Education via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your account manager.
WebRTC based recording for dialogue exercises
In Edumatic V3.26, the dialogue exercise has been refactored with WebRTC technology instead of Flash.
As a result, dialogue exercises no longer require Wowza streaming.
The WebRTC technology is not completely supported by all browsers yet:
- If you want to use the WebRTC based version of recording for the dialogue exercise, you need to work in Chrome (version 49 or higher) or Firefox (version 30 or higher).
- When you open the Edumatic player in a browser which does not support the WebRTC technology, the Flash variant of the recording for dialogue exercise will be used.
Edumatic player Flash free
Starting from Edumatic V3.26, Flash components are no longer used in the Edumatic player. As a result, the Flash warning will no longer be shown in your browser, provided you work in Chrome or Firefox.
Edumatic player available in Arabic
Up to now Edumatic was available in 6 interface languages:
Starting from Edumatic V3.26 a new interface language has been added to the Edumatic player: Arabic.
As an Edumatic administrator:
- You can now select Arabic in the user profile when you are registering a user.
- When using the CSV import to register users, use ‘AR’ in the language field.
The Edumatic portal is displayed in Arabic for users having Arabic as profile language:
The Edumatic player messages and interface elements are now available in Arabic:
New in recording exercise
Possibility to disable video recording
A new option has been added to the recording item type. As an author, you can now choose whether the user should make a video recording or an audio recording only (without video).
You find this option in the Question tab of your recording item.
Result in the Edumatic player:
- If the option Audio only is selected, the user will not be able to make video recordings.
- If the option Audio and Video is selected, video recording is automatically enabled in the Edumatic player.
When no webcam is available on the user’s computer, only audio will be recorded.
- The webcam icon is no longer shown in the Edumatic player.
When you create a new recording item, the option Audio only is selected by default.
In existing recording items, the default option is set to Audio and video to ensure backwards compatibility.
WebRTC based source recording
As an author, you can create your own media file to be used as source file in a recording exercise. Starting from Edumatic V3.26, this recording functionality has been refactored with WebRTC technology.
To create your own media file, proceed as follows:
- Click + Media to add your source file.
- Click Recording in the Add media window.
- Click the Record button to make your recording.
Note: If you do not want to make a video recording, click (Activate microphone) to de-activate your camera.
- Click Stop to finish your recording.
Your recording is added as source file. To playback your recording, click the Play button.
- If you want to replace your recording by a new recording, repeat steps 1 to 4.
Note that WebRTC source recording is only available in Chrome (version 49 or higher) or Firefox (version 30 or higher).
If you are working in a browser which does not support the WebRTC technology, the source recording functionality will be disabled.