New authentication protocol
Starting from Edumatic V3.25 a new, standard authentication protocol is used. This protocol makes it easier to provide Single Sign-on (SSO) with third party applications, such as ADFS.
Note that existing SSO interfaces remain unmodified.
If you are interested in an ADFS interface with Edumatic, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Note: When you set a bookmark to the Edumatic backoffice, you will be redirected to the Edumatic portal.
New Edumatic sign-in page
When signing in, you will notice that the Edumatic sign-in page has been renewed.
Note that also the Edumatic logo has changed.
New features in scheduling module
Two new features have been added to the Edumatic scheduling module:
- When planning a schedule, you can decide to show this schedule on the Edumatic portal from the start time only.
When this option is checked, schedules that start in the future will not be shown on the portal. They will become visible and accessible on the portal only when the start time has been reached.
Note that this option is by default unchecked. The default behavior remains unchanged: schedules that start in the future will be visible on the portal, but will not be accessible until the start time has been reached.
- Starting from Edumatic V3.25, you can change the access period of a schedule at any time.
This will allow you to expand or to shorten the access period of a schedule.
New in the Edumatic Open API
Edumatic V3.25 incorporates the following new features in the Edumatic API:
- The web service authentication has been expanded with authentication by means of an API secret key.
This allows web service authentication without knowing the user’s password.
Note that existing authentication remains unchanged.
- A new web service has been added allowing the creation of an Edumatic schedule.
For more information on the Edumatic API, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Language parameter for access code page
A language parameter can be added to the URL of the access code page to force this page to open in the language of your choice:
The following language parameters can be used:
- en for English
- fr for French
- nl for Dutch
WebRTC based recording
In Edumatic V3.25, the Flash component in the recording exercise has been refactored with WebRTC technology.
As a result, recording exercises no longer require Wowza streaming.
The WebRTC technology is not completely supported by all browsers yet:
- If you want to use the WebRTC based version of the recording exercise, you need to work in Chrome (version 49 or higher) or FireFox (version 30 or higher).
- When you open the Edumatic player in a browser which does not support the WebRTC technology, the Flash variant of the recording exercise will be used.
- The Append functionality is not yet available in the WebRTC based version of the recording exercise.
- The recording feature is not blocked in the review mode. It is advised not to use review for WebRTC based recordings.
Note that the recording functionality in the dialog exercise is still working with the Flash component. WebRTC based recording in dialog exercises will be available in Edumatic V3.26.