In these release notes
assessmentQ 2024.01 contains the following new features and improvements:
- Dashboard for backoffice users
- Backoffice navigation redesigned
- Translate sentence
- Grading with criteria and rubrics
- Configuration of the review template
- Monitoring concurrent users
- Embedding external content in Custom and Help button
- Other improvements
- Removed features
When logging on to the assessmentQ backoffice, you will now arrive on a brand new dashboard.
On the backoffice dashboard, you will find
- a getting starting tutorial
- an overview of your last opened modules
- quick links.
The backoffice navigation bar has been moved from the left side of the screen to the top. It gives a clear overview of the assessmentQ flow, and makes it easier for backoffice users to understand where they are and how the e-assessment process works.
The item type Translate sentence is now available in the assessmentQ item bank.
The item type contains several significant improvements in assessmentQ:
- New correction options
- A user-friendly way to enter the source text and pre-filled text.
- An optimised visualisation of the source text to the participants
- All Translate sentence items previously created in Edumatic have been migrated to assessmentQ.
- Migrated items containing features that no longer exist in assessmentQ, will have the item status Draft in the item bank (see Removed features). However, when they are already part of an assignment, they will not be changed automatically and participants can answer these items as before.
Two new scoring mechanisms have been added for items that need manual scoring:
Manual scoring with criteria
As an author, you can choose this scoring mechanism if you want graders to use specific criteria to determine the score of an answer.
Manual scoring with a rubric
As an author, you can choose this scoring mechanism if you want graders to use criteria combined with performance levels to determine the score of an answer.
The settings for the review template are now configurable in assessmentQ:
- The administrator can set the default configuration for the review template.
- This default review template will automatically be applied to all new assignments.
- An author can - if needed - adjust the settings for a specific assignment.
In the Monitoring module, you can now see the number of concurrent users in your assessmentQ environment. This allows you to get good insights in the usage in your environment.
In the assignment template, you can now embed external content in the Custom and / or Help button.
When the participant clicks the button, the embedded external content will opened in a popup in the assessmentQ player.
Highlighting text in the player
Until today, participants could only use the highlighter in instruction blocks. From now on, the highlighter can also be used in the answer block of the following item types:
- multiple choice
- multiple response
- multiple choice matrix
- fill gaps in text
- conjugate verbs
- dropdown in text
- drag and drop in text
- drag and drop in columns
Recalculate score in Select text
As an author, you can now recalculate the total score of the item when using Score per category in Select text.
Access to Edumatic
Starting from release 2024.01, all links to Edumatic have been removed from the assessmentQ backoffice. It is no longer possible to open the Edumatic backoffice.
- The Edumatic item type Translate sentence cannot be used anymore in the Edumatic backoffice. All Edumatic items have been migrated to Translate sentence items in the assessmentQ item bank.
- The automatic correction and feedback for errors in punctuation and capital letters is no longer available. As an author, you can now configure the correction options for your item, but no automatic feedback is provided anymore.
- Text formatting is no longer supported for pre-filled text.
- The input of the translation and pre-filled text is now limited to 1000 characters.
Setting for dark and high contrast mode
As an administrator, you can no longer configure the settings for dark and high contrast modes. The dark and high contrast modes are now by default enabled for all participants.