The Item development module is an assessmentQ module where you can create item development reports.
The Item development module contains different information than the reporting modules:
- The Reporting modules contain all kinds of reports related to results (assignment reports, user reports, group reports, etc)
- The Item development module contains reports that have nothing to do with results or scores. It contains reports that give you more insights into, for example, the number of items in the item bank.
Note: The user needs to have a role with permission to the Item development module.
Item development reports
An item development report is intended for authors who create items. It gives them more insights into the number of already developed items with a certain metadata key or using a certain item type.
Two types of item development reports can be distinguished:
- Item type report: gives insights into the item types the author used.
- Item metadata report: gives insights into the metadata the author attached to items.
By using these reports, authors can also find out if they need to develop more items in a folder with a specific item type or metadata key.
In the example below, the author still needs to create 15 geometry items along with some easy and intermediate algebra and statistics items.
Proceed as follows to create an item development report:
- Go to Analysis > Item development.
Result: You will see an overview of the item development reports you have access to.
- Click the Add button to add a new report.
Result: The Add report pop-up opens
- Choose the report type you want to use.
Item metadata report: Create a report which uses metadata as a filter and gives insights into the metadata the author attached to items.
Item type report: Create a report which uses the item types as a filter and gives insights into the item types the author used.
Result: The Add item metadata or item type report wizard opens.
- Select the folder(s) from the item bank you want to take into account.
- If you selected the item metadata report: Choose the metadata key you want to see in the report.
- If you selected the item type report: Choose the item types you want to see in the report
- Click Next.
- Select optional filters (Item status, Created by, Created on and/or Modified on) and Options you want to use.
- Click Save
Result: A graph is shown with the number of items. Underneath the graph, a matrix is created with the metadata or item types as columns and the folders as rows.
- Optionally you can set the requested items using in the top right corner.
- Add the number of requested items in the matrix.
- Click Save.
Result: An extra bar of requested items is added to the graph and the requested items are added to the matrix together with some colors.
- Green: The number of requested items has been reached.
- Orange: The number of requested items has not been reached yet, but there is at least one item already.
- Red: No items have been created yet.