You can import Multiple choice - one answer and Multiple choice - multiple answers items in Edumatic from an Excel file. The items are imported in the Edumatic workspace in the folder of your choice.
Example of the format the Excel file should comply with:
|Column A||Name of the item.|
|Column B||Type of item. This should then be called'Multiple Choice' or'Multiple Response'.|
|Column C||The task and options.|
|Column D||Indication of the correct options by an'X'.|
|Column E||Comments for correct answers. You can also leave this field blank.|
|Column F||Comments for incorrect answers. You can also leave this field blank.|
|Column G||Score for the correct answers. If you leave this field blank, the default score will be applied.|
|Column H||Score for wrong answers. If you leave this field blank, the default score will be applied.|
Tip: When importing items, take into account that:
- The following text formatting options are supported: bold, italic, underline, size and color.
- New line (ALT + enter) is supported.
- Import of media files and metadata is not supported. If required, you can edit the items in Edumatic to add the media files or metadata.
To import an Excel file, proceed as follows:
- In the Workspace module, go to the folder of your choice.
- Right-click and choose Import.
Result: The Import Elements screen appears.
- Click on Import selection.
- Select your Excel file.
Result: The imported elements will be listed on the screen Import items:
- If you wish, you can deselect the items you do not want to import.
- By default, all imported elements will be listed as Approved. To import inactive items, you can either deselect one or more items from the approved column, or deselect All items "approved".
- Click OK to start the import.
Result: The items are now added in the workspace folder.
If you are working in the alphabetical view, the imported items are sorted alphabetically. Else, the items are listed in the order of your Excel.