Adding attachments is especially useful to offer background information on a topic.
To open these attachments, students/candidates need to click the Attachment button below the item.
- Images, HTML pages and URL’s are opened in the browser
- Other documents, such as Word, PDF, etc., need to be downloaded and opened on the user’s device.
Tip: The following file formats can be uploaded as attachments:
|File type||Possible file extensions|
|Images||.png, .jpg, .gif|
|Document||.doc, .docx, .odt (Open Office)|
|Spreadsheet||.xls, .xlsx, .ods|
|Presentation||.ppt, .pptx, .odp|
Procedure to add item attachments
Proceed as follows to add item attachments:
- Go to the Workspace module.
- Open the Content tab of the item of your choice.
- Click the Attachments tab at the bottom of the screen, here you can add a file, a URL or text.
- To add a file: Click Add file at the bottom of the Files section and upload the file of your choice.
- To add a URL: Click Add URL at the bottom of the Files section, enter the URL of your choice in the URL field and click OK.
- To add text: Enter your text in the Text section.
Procedure to show item attachments in the player
Proceed as follows to show the attachments in the Edumatic HTML5 player:
- Go to the Publications module.
- Edit the publication of your choice.
- Open the Player template tab.
- Click on Settings on item level tab.
- Select Show attachments.
- If you want to show the file name of the attachment in the Edumatic player, select Show attachment name.
- If you want to customize the name of the Attachment button, click Customize titles, help & alerts and enter the name of your choice in the Attachment field.