You can import Multiple choice and Multiple response items from an Excel file into the assessmentQ item bank. The items will be imported in the folder you select.
Required Excel format
Example of the format the Excel file should comply with:
|Column A||Item name.|
|Column B||Item type. This should be "Multiple Response" or “Multiple Choice”.|
|Column C||The task and options.|
|Column D||Indication of correct option(s). This should be “x”.|
|Column E||Feedback for correct answers. This field can be left empty.|
|Column F||Feedback for incorrect answers. This field can be left empty.|
|Column G||Score for correct answers. If left empty, the default item scoring will be applied.|
|Column H||Score for incorrect answers. If left empty, the default item scoring will be applied.|
- The supported file encoding is UTF8.
- The following text formatting options are supported: bold, italic, underline and color.
- New line (ALT + enter) is supported.
- Import of media files and metadata is not supported. If required, the author can further edit the imported items in assessmentQ to add media files or metadata.
- The default font in assessmentQ is Open Sans.
Proceed as follows to import an Excel File:
- In the item bank, click on the three dots next to the folder of your choice.
- Click on Import.
- Drag the Excel file to the dropzone or Browse for the file.
Result: The items are imported in the selected folder. The items are imported in the order of your Excel. By default, all items are imported as drafts.
Sample Excel file
Download a sample Excel file you can use to import items.