You can import Multiple choice and Multiple response items from an Excel file. The items are imported in the Edumatic workspace in the folder of your choice.
Example of the format the Excel file should comply with:
|Column A||Item name.|
|Column B||Item type. This should be "Multiple Response" or “Multiple Choice”.|
|Column C||The task and options.|
|Column D||Indication of correct option(s). This should be “x”.|
|Column E||Feedback for correct answers. This field can be left empty.|
|Column F||Feedback for incorrect answers. This field can be left empty.|
|Column G||Score for correct answers. If left empty, the default item scoring will be applied.|
|Column H||Score for incorrect answers. If left empty, the default item scoring will be applied.|
- The supported file encoding is UTF8.
- The following text formatting options are supported: bold, italic, underline, size and color.
- New line (ALT + enter) is supported.
- Import of media files and metadata is not supported. If required, the author can edit the items in Edumatic to add the media files or metadata.
Proceed as follows to import an Excel File:
- In the Workspace module, right-click the folder of your choice.
- Choose Import... .
Result: The Import items window opens.
- Select Import Selections.
Result: The window below opens.
- Click the square next to Select a file.
- Open the desired Excel file.
Result: The items that will be imported are listed in the Import items window:
- Items that should not be imported can be deselected on the left.
- By default, all items are imported as Active.
To import items as Inactive , either uncheck the box in the Active column or uncheck All items 'Active'.
- Click Ok to start importing.
Tip: If you are working in the alphabetical view, the imported items are sorted alphabetically. Else, the items are listed in the order of your Excel.