Example of a Fill gaps on background item in the backend:
Proceed as follows to create a Fill gaps on background item:
- Right click the folder in which you want the Fill gaps on background item to appear.
- Select New item.
Result: The screen Make new item appears
- Select the item type Fill gaps on background item.
- Give it a name.
- Click OK.
- Open the tab Properties to add or change the metadata of this item.
- Open the tab Content and click on the text icon to add a text field or the asset icon to add an image, sound or video , … .
- Click + Background to add a background image to the exercise.
- Select an image from the media library or from a local device.
- Click OK.
Warning: This exercise type really needs the background image, so once an image is set as the background, it cannot be deleted again. It can, however, be replaced by another image.
- Click on + Gap to add a text gap.
Click more than once to add more than one gap.
To delete a gap, click the relevant text gap and then click Delete.
Changing question settings
You can modify the questions settings at the bottom of the screen. These settings include:
- Question feedback, positive and negative feedback.
- Minimum and maximum scores are displayed but cannot be modified in this exercise type.
- Show lines (active or inactive) will (or will not) show the lines in the exercises.
- Reference: see Advanced features of Drag & drop text on background to learn how to
- Add lines to a Fill gaps on background exercise.
- Add Initial values to a Fill gaps on background exercise.
- Set Tab sequence to a Fill gaps on background exercise.
- Using input masks
- Using text filtering options