A Signus activity uses Televic's Signus software to record student audio, video or text files on top of audio, video or text source files.
Example: A teacher sends a video file through Signus to all of his/her students. In the Signus software students can add text annotations, audio annotations or video annotations to give their translation of what was said in the source file. Student then save this Signus project before sending it back to their teacher who will be able to add feedback annotations in the Signus project.
Proceed as follows to start a Signus activity:
- In the Class view, select the students you want to send the file to.
Skip this step to include the whole class.
- Under File Activities, click Signus.
- Click the first to add the video, audio or text file.
Result: The windows directory opens in a new window.
- Navigate to the file you want to send and double-click.
Optionally, you can add an attachment by clicking the second and repeating the previous step.
- Click Options for this activity... to change settings such as automatic collecting, restricted playback,…
- Click Start activity in the top left to send and open the file on the students’ computers.
Tip: with these control buttons, you control the file on every student computer at the same time.
- Click to close Signus on the students’ PCs.