Example of a Order vertically item type in the backend:
To create / edit an Order vertically, the following two buttons are used:
- To add a column:
- To add an element in each column:
Proceed as follows to create an Order vertically item:
- Right click the folder in which you want the Order vertically item to appear.
- Select New item.
Result: The screen Make new item appears
- Select the item type Order vertically item.
- Give it a name.
- Click OK.
- Open the tab Properties to add or change the metadata of this item.
- Open the tab Content and click on the text icon to add a text field or the asset icon to add an image, sound or video , … .
- Click .
Repeat this step until you have added the number of columns you need.
- Click to add an element in each column.
Repeat this step until you have added the number of elements you need.
- Add or remove individual elements from a column at any time:
- Click at the top of a column to add an element to this colum.
- Click next to an element to remove it from the column.
- Select the text field of each column header and enter the title.
Tip: If you do not want the column headers to be shown to the users, open the Question tab and deselect Show header.
- Click in the text field of each element and enter the text.
- Be sure to fill in the elements in the columns in the correct order as the correction of the exercise is based on this order.
- The elements are by default randomized in the Edumatic player. It is, however, possible to fix the order of the elements in the first column.
- Click in the text field of this element to open the Item tab for this element at the bottom of the screen in order to:
- Change the default score setting if needed.
- Add answer specific feedback for the correct answer to this element.
To use an image or a LaTeX formula in the column header or the column elements instead of using text, click (Advanced icon).
For more information, see Using media files or LaTeX formulas instead of textual options.