Example of a Verb conjugation item type in the backend:
Proceed as follows to create a Verb conjugation item:
- Right click the folder in which you want the Verb conjugation item to appear.
- Select New item.
Result: The screen Make new item appears
- Select the item type Verb conjugation item.
- Give it a name.
- Click OK.
- Open the tab Properties to add or change the metadata of this item.
- Open the tab Content and click on the text icon to add a text field or the asset icon to add an image, sound or video , … .
- Create an example exercise on the first line (indicated in red below):
- Choose the tense of the verb in the first drop-down list.
- Choose the person in the second drop-down list.
- Choose singular or plural in the third drop-down list.
- Fill in the example verb and, optionally, add the translation below.
- Fiinally fill in the conjugated form.
- On the second line, fill in all the information the student/candidate needs to correctly conjugate the verb.
- Leave the text gap the furthest to the right open.
Here the student/candidate will have to fill in his answer.
- Select this gap.
Result: the Gap tab is activated at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in the answer in the Value column.
- Optionally, indicate the number of fixed characters (the number of characters of the solution that will be shown to the student at the start of the exercise).