A Dropdown on background item type is very similar to a Drag & drop text on background item type with the important nuance that students/candidates must, in the case of a Dropdown on background choose from a more limited and specific drop-down list of options.
Proceed as follows to create a Dropdown on background item:
- Right click the folder in which you want the Dropdown on background item to appear.
- Select New item.
Result: The screen Make new item appears
- Select the item type Dropdown on background item.
- Give it a name.
- Click OK.
- Open the tab Properties to add or change the metadata of this item.
- Open the tab Content and click on the text icon to add a text field or the asset icon to add an image, sound or video , … .
- Click on + Background to add a background.
- Select an image from the media library or from a local device and click OK.
Warning: Once an image is set as the background, it cannot be deleted. However, it can be replaced by another image.
- Click +Dropdown to add a drop-down.
- Click the newly made drop-down gap.
Result: The tab Gap is activated at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Value to enter the first possible answer.
- Fill in the other values:
- Check the box for a correct answer.
- Leave it unchecked for an incorrect answer.
- Score of the answer.
- Specific feedback for that answer.
Tip: The student will see the answers in the order they were entered.
Reference: See Advanced features of Drag & drop text on background to learn how to
- Add initial values
- Add a tab sequence.