When you want to add multiple users to your assessmentQ environment, it is recommended to use the Import feature. This allows you to import multiple users at once in assessmentQ using an Excel file, and even to put them in the correct groups immediately as well.
Proceed as follows to import users:
- Go to User management > Users.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Click on Import users.
Result: The Import users popup appears.
- Drag an Excel file to the drop zone or click on Browse and select an Excel file from your device.
The Excel file should contain the following columns:
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
- User name
- Date of birth
- External ID (optional)
- Group (optional)
- Password (optional)
In case you have a SSO interface with assessmentQ, use SSO in the Password field.
Tip: Download a sample file in the first step to see an example of the correct format. Take into account that you can import a maximum of 500 users at once.
Result: The second screen of the import wizard appears, showing a preview of the users in your import file, in several categories:
- New users: new user accounts that will be created.
- Updated users: users that already exist and whose account will be updated after the import.
- Reactivated users: users that were deactivated, and will be reactivated after the import.
- Not imported: users that cannot be imported, usually because the import file contains incomplete or invalid information.
- New groups: groups that will be added after the import because they do not exist yet.
- Check the information and click Save.
Results: the users are imported.
Password rules when importing users
As adding a password to the Excel file you want to import is optional, several scenarios are possible defining if a password will be updated and/or if an e-mail will be sent asking the users to set their password. These scenarios are listed in the table below:
Password provided in Excel file?
Password link sent via e-mail?
Password updated after import?
|New user||SSO||no||no password|
|Reactivated user||SSO||no||no password|
|Updated user||SSO||no||no password|
Example of a CSV import file