The user can start an exam with an access code via the Edumatic access code page.
An access code is a unique key that gives access to a session for a particular user and for a particular publication. When the session is finished, the key or code is no longer valid.
There are two ways to create access codes:
- Either you select a user and create (an) access code(s) for this user. This procedure is used if you need to create access codes for one user only.
- Either you select a publication and create access codes for this publication for a selection of users or a user group.
This procedure is used when you need to create access codes for several users.
To create an access code for a user, proceed as follows:
- In the Management module, select Users.
- Search for the user you want to create an access code for and click Edit in the rightmost column next to the user.
- Open the Access codes tab.
Result: An overview appears listing the publication access codes for the selected user.
- Click Add at the bottom of the page.
Result: The Add publication window appears.
- In the Add publication window:
- Enter (part of) the name of the publication for which you want to create an access code.
- Press Enter to start the search.
- Select this publication and click Ok.
Result: The publication and the access codes are added to the publications overview. You can:
- Print the access code or copy the access code to the clipboard for distribution to the user.
- Delete the access code.
Warning: It is not possible to delete an access code if the user has started the exam.
- Validate an unfinished publication.