Proceed as follows to add a new block to a component:
- In the Scenarios module, select a scenario.
- At the bottom of the Scenario screen, click on the component you want to add a block to.
Result: The Component screen is shown. At the bottom of the screen you see the component blocks overview. By default an example block and one new block are added.
Tip: If you do not want to add example items to the component, delete the example block.
- Click Add at the bottom of the screen to add another block.
Result: The New block dialog box appears.
- Enter a name for the block and click Ok.
Define the other block criteria in the next step.
- Select the block you want to edit in the overview.
Result: The Block screen appears.
In the Properties section:
- Select Example items if you want to add an example block.
- Enter the number of items you want to select from the itembank for this block.
Warning: You cannot enter the number of items for an example block. In case of an example block all items which are in the selected folder and which apply with the set of metadata of your choice, will be added.
- Select Individual items from a casus.
By default, the selection algorithm will include a casus as a whole, i.e. including all casus items. When this option is ticked, only the casus items which comply with the metadata values listed will be selected. If one or more casus items are selected, the casus fragment is automatically included
- Choose the Metadata logical operator.
- Use the AND operator if you want items that match ALL of the metadata values listed.
- Use the OR operator if you want items that match ANY of the metadata values listed.
- Check Selection based on popularity .
By default the selection algorithm will select items with the lowest popularity over items with a higher popularity. Between items with the same (lowest) popularity, items will be selected randomly. If you choose not to work with item selection based on popularity , the items will be selected at random, independent of the item popularity.
Select the Metadata filter, if you want to choose metadata to which the items need to agree.
Under Select items from (sub)folder, select the folder (and its subfolders) out of which you want to draw items.
- Click Save filters and update item selection at the bottom to process the selection.
Result: The selected items appear in the column on the right.
You can see the number of available items on top of the column.
Tip: This number can be smaller than the number of items which was requested. This means there aren’t enough items available in the database which agree with the set criteria. This number can also be larger than the number of items which was requested. This is because multiple items will have been selected from a casus.
The items in the block will be shown by rising degree of difficulty or logit value. If there is no logit value, they will be listed alphabetically.