The Room screen
This image gives an example of a set-up with 2 dual booths and 1 conference table.
Overview of the booths
The Room screen of the Interpreter Control Center (ICC) gives the teacher an overview of the booths in the room (and optionally in a second coupled room). At all times the teacher can
- monitor the computer screen of the students, or
- see a live camera feed of the students when booth cameras are installed. Both single and dual booths are supported.
For each booth in the room screen, two volume indicators are shown (in the dual booth setup). These indicate if a student is currently using his microphone.
A few useful features are directly accessible from the overview screen:
- Talk to the class: while the teacher can easily talk to the students by using the conference system, doing so through the integrated ICC software offers extra benefits, like automatically activating the floor signal on all student headsets.
- Send any type of file to the booths: speech keynotes, terminology lists, exercise instructions…
- Send a text message to the booths, in order not to interrupt a speech or interpretation.
Startup and system check
The teacher can use the ICC to start up all booth computers at the start of the day. A system check can give a clear indication if anything is wrong with any part of the conference hardware.
The teacher can activate a blank screen on all student PCs by clicking the Blank screen button on top of the screen.
The tight integration with the hardware also allows to put all interpreter desks in a "restricted mode" for tests. In this mode the students are no longer able to use the "relay" functionality of the interpreter desks.
To activate the restricted mode, click the restricted mode button .