A lecture is an instance of a course that takes place at a certain time. A lecture is available for a number of participants and/or groups, and has a "lecturer". A lecture is displayed on the portal, and can contain a number of activities.
To add a lecture, proceed as follows:
- Click in the top right corner of the Portal screen.
Result: The Add a lecture wizard appears.
- Fill in the Properties for this lecture:
- Enter the lecture Name.
- Select the Date, Start time and Duration of the lecture.
- Select the Lecturer for this lecture. By default the name of the signed in user is selected here.
- Select the Course this lecture belongs to.
- Check or uncheck the Enable microphone and webcam option.
Note: This option enables the speaking and conversation activities, screen monitoring, teacher intercom and discrete listening.
- Click Next at the bottom right of the window.
- Select the participants for this lecture and click >. Participants are individual users or entire groups.
Result: The selected participants are moved to the Selected participants column.
Tip: Use Ctrl + click to select multiple participants and/or groups at once.
Double click on a user or group to add them to the selected participants.
4. Click Finish.
Result: The lecture is added to the portal.