SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) is a collection of standards and specifications that define how to construct training content in such a way that it can be shared with other SCORM compliant systems. SCORM also defines how content may be packaged into a transferable ZIP.
In the assessmentQ backoffice you can upload a SCORM package as an assessmentQ publication and allow your users to access this publication through the standard delivery methods (via the assessmentQ portal, via access codes, via third party platforms, etc).
SCORM in assessmentQ
When using a SCORM package in an assessmentQ publication, take into account that:
- A permanent session is used in assessmentQ for the user and the SCORM publication.
A permanent session allows the users to resume their session at any time, and as many times as he wants.
- When the user resumes or restarts the publication, his answers to previously answered questions will be retained provided the SCORM package keeps track of the user’s progress.
- For this permanent session the highest score obtained by the user is stored in assessmentQ.
In case the publication contains a SCORM package that does not keep track of the user’s results and the user restarts this publication at a later time, he will not start at 0% but will keep his highest score.
- In case the SCORM package shares a score without a maximum score, a maximum score equal to 100 will be stored in assessmentQ.
- In case the SCORM package does not share the success status, the status 'passed' will be stored in assesmentQ provided the result = 100/100. Else the status 'failed' will be stored in assessmentQ.
- In the assessmentQ reporting modules, only the total score is displayed (no score per item).
- Results can be pushed to a third-party platform only once a day (nightly batch).
- No results are returned in LTI integrations.
- SCORM packages cannot be edited in assessmentQ.
Prerequisites for using a SCORM package in assessmentQ
- SCORM V1.2
- Maximum file size for the SCORM package: 300 Mb
SCORM packages can be created using different authoring tools. The score associated with a SCORM package can therefore be transmitted to assessmentQ in different ways. It is crucial that you test your SCORM package properly before going live with it, as Televic Education does not control the authoring process of SCORM packages and cannot guarantee that every SCORM package will play flawlessly out of the box.