The startup screen consists of several components, indicated by numbers on the screenshot below. These are explained one by one.
1. Settings button
Clicking the Settings button opens the Settings screen, which consists of 2 tabs:
- In the General tab, you can:
- Activate extended logging: This should only be activated when an error occurs and our support team prompts you to do so.
- Activate teacher mode: Activate this mode if you want to use the Media Player as a teacher.
- In the Audio & Video tab you can:
- establish the recording level of the microphone and the resolution of the video recordings.
- select the microphone and webcam you want to use
- select the default audio and video codecs
Tip: Select DivX as codec for audio on and Xvid as codec for video.
2. Help button
Under Help you can:
- See the version of interpreterQ Media Player.
- get redirected you to our support desk.
3. Profile button
Under Profile you can:
- Change your name.
- Change the interface language.
4. New project link
Clicking New project brings you to the screen to start a new interpreterQ Media Player project.
5. Open project
Clicking Open project allows you to import and open an existing interpreterQ Media Player project with extension .iqf.
6. Recent files
This section displays the most recent interpreterQ Media Player projects you used. You can quickly open them by clicking their name.
The Exercise screen consists of several important parts and components:
- Start icon: As you can create several versions of one exercise, the Start icon allows you to select which recording you want to submit for review to your teacher.
- Plus button: Click the Plus button here to add another version for the same exercise.
- Ellipsis button: Click the ellipsis button to change the project properties, Save your project with a different name or close the project.
- Marker button: Click the Marker button to add student markers to your recording. These are also visible for the teacher.
- Play/pause button: the playback buttons for your recording.
- Marker navigation: Click the Previous marker/Next markers buttons to jump to the previous or next marker in a recording immediately.