As an author, you can force the entire content of a publication to be downloaded on startup.
This setting ensures that unstable internet connections do not have an impact on the user taking a publication.
Note: Please note that starting up the publication can take longer when this is activated, and that this setting is not supported in Internet Explorer.
Proceed as follows to force the publication to download on startup:
- In the Publications module, select In creation or To validate.
- Click Edit in the rightmost column next to the publication you want to edit.
- Select the Player template tab.
- Select Settings on publication level.
- Select the linear navigation mode and thick Automatic navigation to the next item upon expiry of the time limit:
Limitations of the offline support
There are a few restrictions to take into account when activating offline support:
- This features does not work in Internet Explorer
- Embedded media files, such as YouTube videos, cannot be preloaded, so you need internet to watch them in the item.
- The item types Upload file(s), Recording and Dialog will not work when there is no internet.
- A file that is part of an item (e.g. an uploaded PDF file) cannot be displayed when there is no internet.