About the open question
The open question allows you to test your users'
- critical thinking
- understanding of certain subjects
- writing skills
- knowledge on a specific subject
The open question in assessmentQ contains the following features:
- displaying a pre-filled text to the user
- showing a Model answer as solution
- using keywords for automatic correction
- detecting negations within a certain range around keywords
- limiting the length of the user's answer
- using different scoring mechanisms
Proceed as follows to create/change an open question:
- Click + Add in the folder where you want to add the new item.
- Select Open Question.
Result: The content pane of the item opens.
- Enter the item name in the breadcrumb trail at the top.
- Click in the content block and enter the instructions.
- Click Add Block if you want to add an additional content block.
- Click in the Model answer block if you want to:
- add pre-filled text to the answer. By default, this text is shown to the user, but he can still modify it.
- limit the number of characters or words the user can enter to answer the question.
- add a model answer. The model answer is shown to users when they click on Solution.
- add keywords. More information.
- enable negation detection. More information.
- Click Preview to preview and test your item.
Preview in the assessmentQ Player:
When you open the Item tab, you can change an open question into an information page: