Even open questions can get an automatic score based on keywords and negations. However, it is always the human grader that defines the final grade for an answer.
Important: Graders must change the status of the assignment to Grading completed to allow candidates to see their final score.
To assign a grade to an answer, proceed as follows:
- Go to Grading > Assignments.
- Navigate to the answer you want to grade.
Tip: See Navigating in the Grading module for more information.
- Check the answer the candidate submitted. If the questions contained keywords, you will also see which keywords were found and which are missing. This can help you to determine the quality of the answer.
- Optionally, add keywords and/or negations to the answer.
Tip: See Managing keywords and negations
- Enter the final score for this answer in the Grade field.
Result: The Assign grade button will become enabled.
- Add a comment clarifying why you assigned this score to the answer. The comment is only visible for other graders and to administrators, not for the candidate.
- Click Assign grade.
Result: You will see a message confirming that the grade was assigned successfully.
- Repeat steps 1-6 until you have assigned a score to all answers.
- Change the status of the assignment to Grading completed.
Result: The candidate will see his final score for this question when reviewing his test or exam, and his final score will be available in his report.