Fill gaps in text is typically used when the participants have to add missing words to a text.
Proceed as follows to create/edit a Fill gaps in text:
- Click in the folder in which you want to add your item.
- Select Fill gaps in text.
Result: The content pane of the item is opened.
- Enter the item name in the breadcrumb at the top.
- Select + Add block to add a content block and fill in the instruction.
- Enter the text with gaps in the answer block. To add a text gap, click on the desired location for the gap and select + Gap.
- Select the gap and enter the correct answer(s) in the Gap tab in the Properties pane. See Answer specific options below.
- Click Preview to try out your item.
Select a gap in the interaction block to fill in the answer-specific options for this gap. You can:
- Add wrong answer(s).
- Indicate whether an empty answer is correct (by default it is wrong). You can also override the default score for correct answers only for this empty answer, and add answer-specific feedback.
- Input mask: Make sure the candidate can only type a restricted sort of characters.
Tip: for more information on input masks, read this article.
- Fixed characters: Determine if characters can already be visible in the gap by selecting the number of fixed characters.
- Pre-filled text: Determine if the gap should already contain text by adding content in the pre-filled text.
- Correction options: Determine if the automatic correction needs to take into account several extras:
- Punctuation (.,?!...)
- Diacritics (à, ç, ù, ü, û, è,...)
- Capital letters