Proceed as follows to create/edit a Fill gaps in text:
- Click in the folder in which you want to add your item.
- Select Fill gaps in text.
Result: The content pane of the item is opened.
- Enter the item name in the breadcrumb at the top.
- Select + Add block to add an additional content block. Fill in your instructions in the top block.
- Enter the text with gaps in the second content block. To add a text gap, click on the desired location for the gap and select + Gap.
- Select the gap and enter the correct answer(s) in the Gap tab in the Properties pane.
- Click Preview to try out your item.
assessmentQ provides a few more possibilities when you create a fill gaps in text item:
- Add wrong answer(s).
- Indicate whether an empty answer is correct (by default it is wrong). You can also override the default score for correct answers only for this empty answer, and add answer-specific feedback.
- Add an input mask.
Note: for more information on input masks, read this article.
- Determine if characters can already be visible in the gap by selecting the number of fixed characters.
- Determine if the gap should already contain text by adding content in the pre-filled text.