Metadata allows you to attribute specific properties to each item. Metadata can be used to automatically select a number of items with the same properties when creating an assignment by means of a scenario.
You can add metadata to a single item or you can add metadata in bulk.
Proceed as follows to add metadata to a single item:
- Select Creation in the central menu of assessmentQ.
- Go to Items
- Go to an item by choice.
- Open the Item tab.
- Open Metadata and click on .
- Open the folder of your choice in the metadata library and select the required metadata key.
Result: The metadata key is added to the item.
- Select the correct metadata value for this item.
Proceed as follows to add or remove metadata to multiple items at once:
- Go to the item bank.
- Select the bulk actions icon .
- Select the items or folders for whom you want to add/remove metadata.
- Select the metadata icon at the bottom.
Result: The metadata pop-up opens.
- Select Add/update or Remove metadata
- Add the metadata key(s). And optionally add a value when adding/updating metadata.
Result: The metadata will be added, updated or removed from the items.