Proceed as follows to manually create a new assignment:
- Go to the Assignments module in Authoring and select +Add.
Result: The Add assignment popup appears.
- Select the type of assignment you want to add: an exercise or an exam.
Result: The Overview tab of the assignment appears.
- Enter the name of the assignment, and optionally a description. Your settings will be autosaved.
- Click the Items tab.
Result: You will see that your assignment contains one empty part by default.
- Select the part and click the Add items button.
Result: The Add items popup appears.
- Select one or more items or folders and click Add.
Result: The popup is closed and the selected items have been added to the selected part.
- To add another part, click the Add part button and repeat steps 5 and 6.
- Click the Behavior tab and select the assignment template you want to use.
- If your assignment is an exam, click the Security tab and select the security settings you want to apply.
Tip: For more information, see Securing your assignment with Safe Exam Browser
- Click the Result tab, define what you want to show to the user when he finishes the assignment, and choose if you want to send a confirmation e-mail, and which review template must be used for the review.
Tip: The default messages that are displayed when you pass or fail the assignment are defined in the selected assignment template.