When an assignment has the status Draft, To be reviewed or Reviewed, you can edit its content and properties without any restrictions. All your changes will be saved automatically.
When an assignment has the status Approved, it can be scheduled for your users, i.e. you can use it in a schedule on the assessmentQ portal, you can create access codes for the assignment, you can create Edumail campaigns with this assignment, etc. Because an approved assignment can be scheduled, it is not autosaved anymore.
When an assignment has the status Live, there are users who have started the assignment and whose results have been saved. Therefore, a live assignment cannot be edited anymore. If you want make changes to a live assignment, you will have to duplicate it and schedule it again.
Proceed as follows to edit an approved assignment:
- Go to the Assignments module in Authoring.
- Click on the approved assignment you want to edit.
Result: the assignment is opened.
- Click the Edit button in the top right corner.
Result: The assignment is opened in Edit mode. You will have to save your changes again by clicking the Save button.
- Change the content or settings you want to change.
- Click the Save button to make sure your changes are applied. You can optionally enter a comment explaining what you changed or why. The comment will appear in the assignment history.
Result: Your assignment has been saved.
Warning: It is possible that you get an error message when you want to save your changes. This can happen when there are users who have started this assignment while you were editing it. If they have started the assignment already, you cannot save your changes anymore because the assignment's status has become Live automatically.