The drag and drop in columns item requires participants to drag a piece of text or an image and drop it in the correct column.
Proceed as follows to create/edit a Drag and drop in columns:
- Go to Authoring > Items.
- Go to the folder in which you want to add an item.
- Click on to add an item.
- Select the item type Drag and drop in columns.
Result: The content pane of the item is opened.
- Enter the item name in the breadcrumb at the top.
- Click in the content block and fill in the instruction.
- Click on each Column header to add a title and / or image to each column.
- Add the drag elements to the columns.
Note: The elements that you add to the columns are by default the correct answers for these columns.
- In the Element tab, you can optionally:
- add feedback.
- change the default scores for the element (only when the scoring mechanism Score per element is activated).
- If you want to add distractors, click in the Distractors field and add one or more elements.
Note: Distractors are elements that do not belong to any column.
- If you want to:
- add an extra column, click on .
- delete a column, click on.
- navigate between the different elements, click on the arrows at the bottom right.
- Click Preview to try out your item.
When you open the tab Item, you can change the item type Drag and drop in columns to:
When you open the answer block and select the tab Block, you can:
- shuffle the draggables:
By default, this option is switched on: all participants will see the draggables (i.e. the elements they need to drag to the correct column) in a different order each time a session is started or resumed.
When you de-activate this option, all participants will see the draggables in the same alphabetical order.
- customize the width of the columns:
- autoscale the images in the column headers and allow zooming in the player
(only if the picture is larger than 500 pixels, otherwise the Zoom icon will not appear).
Learn more about adding assets, adding feedback, selecting the correct scoring mechanism etc in the section The assesmentQ item bank.