A profit and loss account (or profit and loss statement) shows a company's revenues and expenses during a particular period. In the profit and loss account item, end users need to match the profit or loss amount with the corresponding type of profits and losses.
With this item type:
- end users can learn how to complete a profit and loss account.
- teachers can test if an end user can fill in a profit and loss account.
See the example below:
To create a Profit and loss account item, proceed as follows:
- Click +Add in the folder you want to add the item to.
- Select Profit and loss account.
Result: The authoring screen of the item opens.
- Enter the item name in the breadcrumb trail at the top.
- Add instructions by adding a content block and entering the instructions.
- Click in the Interaction block to select a model for your profit and loss account.
Result: The selected model is displayed in the item.
- Complete the empty fields with the correct values. The sum is calculated automatically.
- Click Preview to try out your item.
Note: This item type is not enabled by default. If you're interested in this item type, please contact us via the web form on https://support.televic-education.com.
Item specific options
- Score per item: Define the maximum and minimum score for the item. All gaps need to be correct to get the maximum score.
- Score per gap: A score is given for every correct gap.
Select 'only include gaps containing a value' to avoid that blank gaps are being scored as well.
Show or hide the account numbers. These numbers are shown next to the gaps for the selected model.