Proceed as follows to add a new role:
- Go to User management > Roles.
- Click on
Result: The Add role popup appears.
- Select the role you want to start from and click OK.
Result: The New role page appears.
- Add a name for your new role at the top of the page.
- Deselect or add the permissions you want your new role to have access to.
Note: At the bottom of the page, you can activate the Extended access permission to allow access to all items, assignments, schedules, scenarios, etc. This is useful, for example, to give a scheduler by default access to all schedules including the schedules that are created by API.
- Click Save.
Result: The new role is created and can be assigned to users.
- Example of a new scheduler role Portal scheduler who has access to the Schedules module only.
- Example of an extra author role to be able to use metadata with limited access.
See Adding a role for managing metadata with limited access.