The Canvas item type allows users to draw on their PC or tablet with a device that supports writing with a pen.
To create a Canvas item, proceed as follows:
- Click +Add in the folder you want to add the item to.
- Select Canvas.
Result: The authoring screen of the item opens.
- Enter the item name in the breadcrumb trail at the top.
- Click in the content block and fill in the instruction.
- Click + Add block if you want to add additional content blocks.
- If you want to add an image as background, click on .
- Click Preview to try out your item.
The only way to score the canvas item type is manual scoring via the Grading module.
Colour of participant's pen
To select the colour of the participant's pen:
- Go to the Block tab.
- Under Options, select the colour from the dropdown.
Result: The participant cannot select another colour in the player, and will write in the colour you selected.
- If you want to allow the participants to choose the colour of the pen, select the option Allow participants to choose the colour.
Result: The participant can choose the colour he wants to use when writing on the canvas.
Canvas features for participants
In the Canvas type, the participants have the following options at their disposal:
- : Select and move a drawing.
- : Pan the canvas.
- : Draw with the pen on the canvas.
- : Draw shapes on the canvas.
- : Type on the canvas using the keyboard.
- : Erase what is drawn / written on the canvas.
- : Undo or redo your previous action.
- : Zoom in / out / to fit.
- : Show the canvas in full screen.