Recording and Interpreting items can't be scored automatically, therefore the scoring mechanism of these items is always set to Manual scoring.
This implies that Recording and Interpreting items are always scored in the Grading module.
In the Grading module:
- Graders can see all the participants' recordings.
- If their Grader role contains the permission to download recordings, the graders can download the recording as MP3 or MP4 for archiving or reviewing purposes.
- For Recordings items and for Simultaneous Interpreting items, the grader can hear the source file in the left ear and the participant's interpretation in the right ear and control the volume of both separately.
- For consecutive interpreting recordings, the grader can see the source length, the recording length, and the difference between those two for all segments.
The maximum score needs to be defined in the item bank.
- Left-right ear playback is not supported for Consecutive Interpreting items. When listening to the recording of a consecutive interpretation, both the source and the participant's interpretation are played back in both ears.