assessmentQ supports the following supporting tools for participants:
- Text to Speech allowing the participants to have the content read aloud
- Character map allowing the participants to insert special characters easily
- Basic or Advanced (scientific) calculator
Activating or deactivating supporting tools in an assignment is done via the assignment template.
The buttons of the activated tools will be shown to the participants in the top bar of the player.
Proceed as follows to (de)activate a supporting tool in an assignment template:
- Open the Assignment templates module in Settings.
- Click on the template you want to edit.
Result: The first tab Correction and feedback of the assignment template is opened.
- Open the tab Buttons and labels.
- Activate or deactivate the buttons for the supporting tools you need.
If you select the calculator, choose either the standard or the scientific calculator.
- If you want to change the name of the buttons, select the language(s) of your choice in the Properties pane at the right and rename them in the selected language.
Result: The changes are saved automatically. If this template is already used in an assignment, the author will see a warning and will be able to update the template as long as the assignment does not have the status "Live".
Note: Not all supporting tools are enabled by default. If you want them to be activated in your assessmentQ environment, please get in touch with our support team at email@example.com. Customers who are interested in using the text to speech, need to purchase a Readspeaker SpeechCloud API licence.