assessmentQ contains the following supporting tools for participants:
- Text to Speech allowing the participants to have the content read aloud
- Character map allowing the participants to insert special characters easily
- Standard or scientific calculator
Tip: The calculator can be activated on item level or on assignment level. The other supporting tools can only be activated on assignment level.
Activating or deactivating supporting tools in an assignment is done via the assignment template.
The buttons of the activated tools will be shown to the participants in the top bar of the player.
Proceed as follows to (de)activate a supporting tool in an assignment template:
- Open the Assignment templates module in Settings.
- Click on the template you want to edit.
Result: The first tab Correction and feedback of the assignment template is opened.
- Open the tab Buttons and labels.
- Activate or deactivate the buttons for the supporting tools you need.
Tip: If you select the calculator, specify whether the calculator should only be used in the items where the calculator is activated or in all items. In case the calculator should be used in all items, choose either the standard or the scientific calculator.
- If you want to change the name of the buttons, select the language(s) of your choice in the Properties pane at the right and rename them in the selected language.
Result: The changes are saved automatically. If this template is already used in an assignment, the author will see a warning and will be able to update the template as long as the assignment does not have the status "Live".
Note: Not all supporting tools are enabled by default. If you want them to be activated in your assessmentQ environment, please get in touch with our support team at email@example.com. Customers who are interested in using the text to speech have to purchase a Readspeaker SpeechCloud API licence.