Authors cannot create metadata keys himself. It is the administrator's responsibility to create the metadata keys in a metadata library before authors can add them to items.
Proceed as follows to add a metadata key to a metadata library:
- Select Settings in the central menu of assessmentQ .
- Select Metadata in the navigation bar on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the metadata library to which you want to add a metadata key or create a new library (Adding a metadata library).
Result: The Keys tab of the library is opened.
- Click to add a new key.
Result: The Add metadata key pop-up appears.
- Enter the name of the metadata key.
- Choose the key type in the drop-down menu.
When you select one of the dropdown types, you need to complete the values of the dropdown on the right side.
- Select Show key automatically if you want this key to be added automatically to all items in the item folder(s) linked to this metadata library.
Result: The key is automatically added (without any value) to all items in the item folder linked to the key's metadata library.
- Click Save.
Result: The new metadata key is added to the library and authors can now use it in folders linked to this library.