Tags make it possible to keep related assignments together (as there is no folder structure for assignments). Authors can add new tags to assignments, or reuse existing tags. Authors, schedulers or analists can then search for assignments by tag in the assignment, monitoring and reporting modules.
Tags are not the same as metadata because it can only be one single value and it's not predefined. It can also only be added to assignments, not to items.
- Go to the Authoring module in the central menu of assessmentQ.
- Open the Assignments submodule.
- Open an assignment by choice.
Result: The overview tab of the assignment opens.
- Add the tags to the assignment. There are two possible ways:
- Reuse existing tags by choosing them in the dropdown menu.
- Add new tags by typing text and selecting +Add '...' as new value.
- Authors, schedulers or analists can now search for assignments by these tags in the assignment, monitoring and reporting modules.
Note: The administrator cannot add tags himself in the Settings module > Tags, however, he can manage the tags of his channel there. For example, he can merge tags to improve the consistency in the channel. Suppose one author uses the tag “Business English” and the other has added the tag “business English” (as tags are case sensitive), the administrator can merge both tags so “business English” becomes “Business English” everywhere.