The upload file type makes it possible to let participants upload a certain file they created.
Graders can download these uploaded files and grade them in the grading module.
Proceed as follows to create an upload file item:
- Select Authoring in the central menu of assessmentQ.
- Go to the Items submodule.
- Click in the folder in which you want to add your item.
Result: An overview of the item types appears.
- Select Upload file.
Result: The content panel of the item is opened.
- Add the question and instruction in the content block.
Item specific options
When you select the Interaction block and open the tab Block, you can change optional upload settings.
- Limit the number of files that can be uploaded
- Allow all or limited file types that can be uploaded by the end user.
Supported file types
The following file types are supported in an upload file item:
- Images (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png)
- Audio / video (.mp3, .mp4)
- Documents (.pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt)
- Presentations (.ppt, .pptx, .odp, .pps, .ppsx)
- Spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx, .ods)
- Access / database (.accdb, .accda, .accde, .mdb, .mda, .mdf, .mde)
- Other (.pub, .html, .htm, .zip)
Learn more about adding assets, adding feedback, selecting the correct scoring mechanism etc in the section The assesmentQ item bank.