In these release notes
assessmentQ 2.7 contains the following new features and improvements:
- New module Metadata
- Possibility to tag assignments
- Advanced search improvements
- New item type: Upload file
- Beta features
- Other improvements
- Removed features
New module Metadata
Starting from assessmentQ 2.7, the Metadata module is available in the assessmentQ backoffice. It has become much more flexible and user-friendly than before. The new module contains several improvements and new features:
- Metadata libraries
- Possibility to add metadata keys to items in bulk
- Possibility to assign metadata libraries to item root folders
Possiblity to tag assignments
Tags are a new option in the assignment module:
- Authors can now tag their assignments allowing them to bundle related assignments.
- Authors, schedulers and analysts can search for assignments by tag.
Advanced search improvements
Finding items in the item bank has become even more user-friendly in assessmentQ 2.7. The search bar has been optimized in different ways:
- Search bar is always visible and has a new design
- Search on metadata is possible
- Search on min/max score
New item type: Upload file
The item type Upload file is now available in the assessmentQ backoffice. The item type Upload file allows participants working in a specific software tool (e.g. Excel) to upload their result in the item so it can be scored in assessmentQ.
The new Upload file item type contains an important new feature: authors can now define which
file types are allowed and which not. This allows them to force participants to upload e.g. a PDF rather than a Word document or picture.
Together with AIDA (Artificial Intelligence Driven e-Assessment) Televic Education developed two AI-driven item improvements:
- Conjugate verbs
This is a brand new and completely AI-based item type.
In this item, the author can paste a text and let assessmentQ detect all the verbs and tenses in that text automatically. This saves the author a great deal of work and time.
The author can choose which tenses he wants to use in the item and assessmentQ will add all the appropriate gaps and instructions. More information
- Automatic distractor generation
Automatic distractor generation in multiple choice items is an AI-based assistance for the author. The author adds the question and the correct answer. Then he can push a button and let assessmentQ generate distractors for this question.
assessmentQ will generate a number of distractors and indicate the estimated accuracy of the distractors. The author can select the distractors he wants to use and they will be added automatically to the question. More information
We offer these functionalities as beta features to our assessmentq customers. To be able to use these features, your assessmentQ administrator must first enable these beta features in the settings module of assessmentQ.
An assessmentQ administrator is now able to change the email addresses of non-SSO users in the assessmentQ backoffice.
- The e-mail address of users logging on via Single-Sign-On cannot be changed in assessmentQ. It should be changed in the third-party platform instead.
- When the administrator changes a user's e-mail address, this user will be logged out automatically and will have to log on again. So it is important for the administrator never to change an e-mail address during an exercise or exam.
- Users cannot change their own e-mail address.
Metadata folders are replaced by metadata libraries to better structure the metadata keys and to be able to link libraries to certain item root folders.
Metadata keys can no longer be applied to folders in the item bank or to assignments.
- Default value
It is no longer possible to set a default value for a metadata key. It is always No for Yes/no metadata and empty in free text, numeric and dropdown metadata.
Verb Conjugation in Edumatic
Verb Conjugation is now an item type in assessmentQ. The Edumatic item type is end-of-life and cannot be used anymore. In case Edumatic items are still used in an assignment, a 'not supported' screen will be shown to the participants.