When you have created a number of items in a folder, you can create an assignment from these items.
On the level of an assignment you have a wide spectrum of settings allowing you to customize your assignment for your candidates.
To create an assignment starting from an item folder, proceed as follows:
- Select Authoring in the central menu of assessmentQ and open the submodule Items.
- Open the folder with the items you want to include in your assignment.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Click on Quick publish.
Result: A dialog window with a wizard appears. The wizard will guide you through the Quick Publish process.
- In the step Goal, select Create a draft assignment and click Next.
- In the step Settings, determine the settings of your assignment and click on Next.
- The name of the assignment will be shown to your users in the assessmentQ player.
- There are two types of assignments. An Exercise can be taken multiple times by a candidate. An Exam can only be taken once.
- When you create an exam, the Security step will become active. More info, see Securing exams with Safe Exam Browser.
- In the step Overview, you will get an overview of your assignment settings. Click Save on the bottom right to finish.
Result: The dialog window will close and a confirmation message will appear.
Go to the Assignment submodule in the Authoring module.
Result: You see your assignments overview including the one you just created.
Open your assignment by clicking on it.
Result: The Overview tab will open.
In the Items tab you'll see all aproved items from the item folder you published.
Open the Result tab to define what you want to show to the participants when they finish the assignment
You can enable:
- The total score to be shown at the end of the assignment.
- A personalized end message.
- Grading if you've used open questions.
Tip: In the Behaviour tab you can add or change more settings to customize your assignment to the participant's needs. For more info, see Assignment templates
Approve your assignment by clicking
Result: Your assignment is ready to be scheduled on the portal.