When you have created a number of items in a folder, you have to create an assignment from these items. On assignment level you have a wide spectrum of settings so you can customize your assignment for your candidates.
To create an assignment starting from an item folder, proceed as follows:
- Go to the Authoring module and open the submodule Items.
- Open the folder with the items you want to include in your assignment.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Click on Quick publish.
Result: A dialog window with a wizard appears. The wizard will guide you through the Quick Publish process.
- In the step Goal, select Create a draft assignment and click Next.
- In the step Settings, determine the settings of the assignment you'll create and click on Next.
- The name of the assignment will be shown to your users in the assessmentQ player.
- An exercise assignment can be taken multiple times by a candidate. A Test assignment can only be taken once.
- When you create an exam assignment, the Security step will become active.
- In the step Overview, you will get an overview of what will happen as a result of your Quick Publish action. Click Save on the bottom right to finish.
Result: The dialog window will close and a confirmation message will appear.
Go to the Assignment submodule in the Authoring module.
Result: You'll see all assignments including the one you just created.
Open your assignment by clicking on it.
Result: The overview tab will open.
In the Items tab you'll see all aproved items from the item folder you published.
Open the Result tab. Define what you want to show to the user when he finishes the assignment
You can enable:
- The total score to be shown at the end of the assignment
- A personalized end message.
- Grading if you've used open questions.
Approve your assignment by clicking
Result: Your assignment is ready to be scheduled on the portal.