When participants submit their assignment, you want to make sure they did not click the Finish button involuntarily. In assessmentQ, you can configure a warning message at the end of a part or assignment to make sure the participants take a deliberate decision:
- Are they sure they want to finish the assignment or part?
- Are they aware that they have any time left?
- Are they aware that they did not answer all questions yet?
- Do you want them to see which questions they have already answered and which not, allowing them to navigate back to unanswered questions?
All of this can easily be configured in the assignment template.
Tip: In the assignment template, you can only configure the warning message related to the end of an assignment or the warning message related to the end of a part. Which one you can configure, depends on the selected navigation mode:
- In the case of linear navigation or free navigation within a part, you can configure a warning message at the end of the part.
- In the case of free navigation, you can configure a warning message at the end of the assignment.
To configure the warning at the end of a part or assignment, proceed as follows:
- Select Settings in the central menu of assessmentQ .
- Select Assignment templates in the navigation bar on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Select the template of your choice.
Result: The template details appear.
- Select the tab Messages and warnings.
Result: Depending on the selected navigation mode, you will either see the Warnings for parts or the Warning for assignments.
- Configure the warnings:
- Define if you want to show the warnings and what they should contain.
- You can also choose if you want to show the overview of answered and unanswered questions to all participants, or only to those who have unanswered questions.
- Use the assignment template in your assignment or preview it to see the result.