As an author, you can:
- see a list of all versions of an item and the authors involved in it.
- preview any item version.
- restore a prior version of an item to continue working on it.
Item versions are created automatically:
- When you navigate away from an item in which you made changes, a new version is created.
- When you close the browser before navigating away from your item, a new version is created as soon as the item is opened again.
All changes to item versions are saved in the item history.
- Adding, deleting and resolving comments on an item does not affect versioning. Only changes to the name, content, properties (including metadata and time limits) of the item lead to a new version.
- Item versioning is available since the release of assessmentQ 2.9 in December 2022. All items that are created before this release, will get version 1 as soon as this item is opened in the item bank.
To view the item versions, proceed as follows:
- Select Authoring in the central menu of assessmentQ .
- Select Items in the navigation bar on the left-hand side of your screen.
Result: You see the folder overview in your item bank.
- Search for or navigate to the item of your choice. For more info, see Searching in the item bank.
Result: The item content pane is opened.
- Click Versions at the top.
Result: The item versions are displayed, along with the author of the version and the time.
- Click on the three dots next to the item version of your choice and select Preview.
Result: The prior item version is opened in preview. The item version number and creation date are shown at the top.
Restoring an item version
To restore a previous item version, proceed as follows:
- Open the item version of the item of your choice. For more info, see Viewing item versions.
- Click on the three dots next to the item version of your choice and select Restore.
Result: A confirmation pop-up is shown.
- Optionally enter a comment explaining why you restored a previous version and click Save.
Result: The previous item version is opened in the content pane and it is added as a new version in the versioning overview.
- If you restore a previous item version, all content related to the previous item version is restored and saved in the newly added item version: the name, the question, the answers, the feedback, the score, the hint, the attachments, and all other properties (including metadata and time limits).
- Item comments are not part of an item version and are consequently not updated when an item is restored.
- You cannot undo a version restore. You can, however, restore your second-to-last item version.
- When an administrator deleted a metadata key that was part of a previous version of your item, this metadata key will not be restored when you restore that version.