By default, metadata with limited access cannot be used by authors with standard authoring permissions.
For authors to be able to use metadata with limited access, it is recommended to create and assign an extra author role that can manage metadata with limited access.
To add an author role to access metadata with limited access, proceed as follows:
- Select User management in the central menu of assessmentQ .
- Select Roles in the navigation bar on the left-hand side of your screen.
Result: You see the list of roles.
- Click onat the top.
Result: The Add role popup appears.
- Select the Author role to start from and click OK.
Result: The New role page appears.
- Add a name for your new role at the top of the page (for example, "Author broad metadata access").
- Enable the permission Manage metadata with limited access for this role.
- Click Save.
Result: The new role is created and can be assigned to users who need to have access to all metadata.