In these release notes
assessmentQ 2.12 contains the following new features and improvements:
- New User reports module
- Updates in the Assignment reports module
- Two new item types in the assessmentQ item bank:
- New in Monitoring: Requesting a screenshot
- Extended logging in the session history
- Display option for the participant's username
- Other improvements
- Removed features
The module User reports is now available in assessmentQ. This is a next step towards extensive and comprehensive reporting in assessmentQ.
The User reports module contains several new and improved options:
- Detailed score reports
- Various export possibilities
- Possibility to customize the report
- Overview of a user's certificates
A useful summary page gives you a quick status update on the progress of your user.
In parallel with the introduction of the new Users reports module, a number of improvements and new functionalities have been added to the Assignment reports module to assure consistency in the user experience and ease of use in both reporting modules.
- Improved export options
- The possibility to print the participant's answers
- An overview of the certificates obtained for an assignment
- The tab Progress report has been renamed to Custom report as it has become customisable
- First name and last name are now combined in the column Full name.
The Crossword puzzle item type is now also available in the assessmentQ backoffice.
The Crossword puzzle item type allows you to create questions in the form of a crossword puzzle and offers a creative change from standard item types.
The Crossword puzzle item type in assessmentQ contains several new features:
- The crossword puzzle is created automatically.
As an author, you only need to enter the list of words and their descriptions. Subsequently, assessmentQ will automatically combine these words into a crossword puzzle.
- Scoring and feedback per word
- Screen reader support for the crossword descriptions
Note: All crossword puzzle items previously created in Edumatic have been migrated to assessmentQ:
- As an author, you can now edit these items in the assessmentQ item bank. When you open a migrated crossword puzzle, you will see a message informing you that the score mechanism has changed from Score per letter to Score per word and the item status will change to Draft.
The scoring mechanism Score by letter is no longer available by default in Crossword puzzles, see Removed features below.
- Edumatic crossword puzzles that were already part of assignments do not change. Participants can solve the crossword puzzles as before. Analysts can view the reporting in the assessmentQ reporting module. The scoring mechanism for these items remains unchanged, i.e. the score is still calculated per letter.
Starting from assessmentQ 2.12, the Drag and drop image on background item type is available in the assessmentQ item bank.
The item type contains several significant improvements in assessmentQ:
- Possibility to resize the background image after it has been uploaded.
- Background images with the file format .svg are now also supported.
- Possibility to resize the image you want to drag on the background after it has been uploaded to
- All Drag and drop image on background items previously created in Edumatic have been migrated to assessmentQ.
- Migrated items containing features that no longer exist in assessmentQ, will have the item status Draft in the item bank, see Removed features below. However, they will not be changed automatically when they are already part of an assignment.
As a supervisor of assessmentQ exams, you can log incidents in the Monitoring module.
Starting from assessmentQ 2.12, a new option has been added to the incident reporting functionality, namely the option to request the participant to take a screenshot.
The screenshot is logged in the session history along with the incident details.
- This feature is not supported on mobile devices (iOS, Android).
- You cannot use this feature when the participant's session is opened in SEB (Safe Exam Browser).
The traceability of a participant's session history is crucial if you are organizing (high-stakes) exams.
By default, a participant's session history shows a chronological overview of the most important session events, such as session start and finish time, interventions of the supervisor such as locking, unlocking, and re-opening sessions, etc.
Starting from assessmentQ 2.12, a participant's session history now also shows the extended session logging with detailed information about the participant's navigation behavior, the use of assessmentQ supporting tools, and selected answers in multiple-choice questions.
As a supervisor or analyst, you can consult the extended session history in the Monitoring or Reporting module.
- Extended session logging is available only for exam sessions, not for exercises.
- The extended session history is also retrievable via API.
- You need appropriate rights to have access to the extended session logging. If you are interested in the extended session logging, please contact Televic Education via firstname.lastname@example.org.
By default, the participant's first name and last name are shown on the portal and in the player.
Starting from assessmentQ 2.12, a new setting is available allowing administrators to also display the participant's username.
If selected, the username will be displayed between brackets after the full name of the user. This provides an additional identification of the participant.
- Support for svg images in Click on image.
- New option for Drag and drop in columns & Drag and drop in text: Shuffle draggables.
- The Edumatic item type Crossword puzzle cannot be used anymore in the Edumatic backoffice. All Edumatic crossword puzzle items have been migrated to Crossword puzzle items in assessmentQ.
- The following restrictions have been introduced in the Crossword puzzle item:
- The maximum length of a word is 20 characters.
- The maximum length of a description is 200 characters and/or 50 words.
- The maximum number of words in a crossword puzzle is 50.
- The scoring mechanism Score by letter is no longer available in Crossword puzzles.
- Feedback per letter is no longer available in Crossword puzzles.
- The word description can no longer be hidden in assessmentQ.
Drag and drop image on background
- The Edumatic item type Drag and drop image on background cannot be used anymore in the Edumatic backoffice. All Edumatic items have been migrated to Drag and drop image on background items in assessmentQ.
- Option to show or hide lines
- Option to show initial values
Edumatic reporting for users
The Edumatic reporting for Users cannot be used anymore in the Edumatic backoffice.
In the Certification module, the submodules Certificates and Users have been removed.
The Certification module now only contains an overview of the certificates that you have defined for your assessmentQ assignments.
The reporting of the certificates that are obtained by the participants has been moved to the Assignment reports and User reports. More information.