You can use tags on two levels in assessmentQ:
- Authors can add tags to assignments
Variants of an assignment can be grouped by means of the same tag, and can consequently be found more easily via the UI or the API. More info
- Schedulers can add tags to schedules
By means of schedule tags, additional information can be added to a participant's schedule. The tags can also be used to filter the list of schedules. More info
As an administrator, you cannot add tags yourself, but you can manage them to keep the use of tags well-organised in your assessmentQ environment. You can:
- see an overview of tags used in all assignments and schedules (even archived ones) in your assessmentQ environment.
- delete tags
- merge tags
Replacing a tag with another (similar) tag allows you to keep the usage consistent.
Suppose, for example, that one author uses the tag “Business English” and another author has added the tag “business English” (as tags are case sensitive). As an administrator, you can merge both tags so “business English” becomes “Business English” everywhere.
To manage tags, proceed as follows:
- Go to All settings > Tags.
Result: You see the overview of all tags used in your assessmentQ environment.
- Search for the tag of your choice.
- Click on the three dots next to the tag of your choice.
- If you want to delete the tag, select Delete.
Result: The tag will be removed from all assignments and/or schedules where it is used, and it disappears from the overview. This action cannot be undone.
- If you want to merge the tag into another tag:
- Select Merge into....
- Select an existing tag or start typing to find it easily.
- Click Save.
Result: The tag you merged into the other one is replaced everywhere with the tag you selected from the list, and it disappears from the overview.
Warning: You will see a confirmation message before a tag is deleted or merged. None of these actions can be undone.