When revising a translation, it is important to select the correct revision memory or memories that will be applied to the translations, and the correct revision memory to which new errors will be added. If this is ok, the real revision can start.
Selecting the correct revision memories
To select the correct revision memories for an assignment, proceed as follows:
- Click the Apps icon in the top bar and select Backoffice.
Result: The Backoffice module appears.
- Click Revisions in the menu on the left-hand side.
Result: The list of translation assignments is displayed.
- Click on the translation assignment you want to revise.
Result: A list of translators who submitted a translation for this assignment is displayed.
- In the right column, check if the revision memory that is applied to this revision is correct and change the selection if required.
- In the right column, check if the revision memory to which new errors should be added is correct and change it if necessary.
Result: The correct revision memories are linked to the assignment.
Adding, accepting and rejecting errors
To start the actual revision of an assignment, proceed as follows:
- Click on a translator's name to see his translation.
Result: His translation is displayed next to the source text. If translationQ has already found errors in this translation based on the selected revision memory, then these errors will be marked, and you can accept or reject them in the Error overview.
- When you detect a new error, select the error in the translation.
Result: The Add error button appears.
- Click the Add error buton.
Result: The Add error popup appears.
- Complete the fields in the Add error popup.
- Highlight the word or phrase in the source segment that causes the error.
- Indicate whether or not this error is Only relevant in this segment.
- Choose the Category of error.
- Enter one or more correct translations.
Tip: Click the + symbol to add another correction field.
- Determine the Score for this error.
Tip: The score can be negative, but also positive (to give kudos to the translator) or zero (if you just want to indicate that there are other alternatives).
- Apply this score only once, if if it occurs several times: This option allows you to decrease the score only the first time an error occurs. For other instances of the error in this translation, the translator will not get fewer marks.
- Feedback: This is useful for the translator for learning purposes.
- Click Save.
Result: translationQ searches for the same error in all translations that are not marked as complete.
- If other occurences of the error are found, a popup appears allowing you to accept or reject the errors.
- Accept or reject the other errors translationQ found, if applicable.
Result: The errors are listed in the Error overview under the translation.
- Continue the revision until you have revised the entire translation.
- Continue with the next translator. You will see that some errors are already marked and accepted or rejected in the other translations.
Tip: The revisor can already start the revision of submitted translations before the due date: every translation that has been submitted will appear immediately in the Revisions module.