When you have a lot of users, it is useful if you can add them to the application all at once. That is why you can import users in translationQ using an Excel sheet.
Proceed as follows to import users in translationQ:
- Click the Apps icon in the top bar and select Administration.
Result: The Administration module appears.
- Click Users in the menu on the left-hand side.
Result: The list of users is displayed.
- Click the Import button.
Result: The Import users window appears.
- Click Download sample file to and edit this Excel file. This is the only way your file will be uploaded in the correct format.
Note: the passwords have to be at least 8 characters long.
- Click on Choose a file... and select the updated Excel file on your PC.
Result: The imported users will be displayed in 2 lists: New users and Existing users. For existing users, the password will not be updated.
- Click the Next button.
- If you want to add all imported users to one or more groups, select these groups.
- Click the Finish button.
Result: All users are imported, and added to the correct group(s), if applicable.
Note: No e-mails are being sent to imported users, so you can completely control when and how to notify them.