Use this option in the New Activity dialog if you will broadcast or send an existing speech from your PC.
To set up an activity using an audio or video file or stream, proceed as follows:
- Click the New activity button in the top right of the screen.
Result: The New activity wizard appears.
- Click the green + button.
- Select This PC.
- Select the method to pass the audio or video file or stream:
- Broadcast the desktop of this PC.
- Broadcast the sound of this PC.
- Play a file.
- Send a file for the interpreters to work individually.
- Resume a finished activity
- Click Next.
Result: The Options tab appears.
- Determine the properties for this activity:
- (Un)check the option to record the participant mics (and webcams, if applicable)
- (Un)check the option to collect the participant work for review.
- Enter the Session name.
- Enter Instructions, which will appear on the participant's screen.
- Adjust the Volume.
- Determine specific properties for some activity types:
- For desktop broadcast : (un)check the option to stream only part of the desktop and if applicable select the zone of the desktop you want to stream
- For file playback or streaming : select the audio or video file
- For resuming an activity : select the activity to resume
- For individual work ('send file' or 'resume activity') : optionally specify the activity duration
- Click Start.
Result: The activity has started and appears on the participant's screen.
Info: In case you wonder what's the difference between 'Play a file' and 'Send a file':
- 'Play a file' will actually play back the file on the teacher PC, and stream it to all booths. This means that all students receive the source speech stream simultaneously, and the teacher is in full control of the speech progress
- 'Send a file' will transmit the audio/video file to the student PCs, where it is opened in interpreterQ Media Player. The students can now work individually on this speech file, they have full control over the playback and recording functionality. On the other hand the teacher can still decide on the duration of the activity: the Media Players will close on all student PCs when the teacher stops the activity.