If necessary, you can activate an intercom function in order to talk privately with the student, without other booths hearing what is being discussed.
if you use a version of interpreterQ lower than v.2.0, read this article instead
When you are using dual booths (seating 2 students in each booth) the intercom functionality has some additional options compared to single booths. Therefore we describe the dual booth scenario here.
To use the intercom function, proceed as follows:
- In the Room screen, select the booth you want to communicate with. The booth's detail screen is shown as a sidebar next to the classroom view.
- To communicate with both students, click the large Intercom button
- To communicate with one of both students only, click the smaller Intercom button next to the student name instead
- When you click an Intercom button, a Share Intercom button appears next to it :
- Click this Share intercom with the class button if you want the whole class to follow the ongoing intercom conversation.
- Click the left arrow in the upper left corner to close the student sidebar and stop the monitoring.
When monitoring a booth by using the interpreterQ software, the channel selector hardware will reflect that action: the display on the channel selector will show the monitored booth number, just like if you would have used the channel selector buttons instead. When leaving the monitor function in the software, the channel selector display will also revert to "FLOOR" for left and right channel.