Proceed as follows to create a speaking activity:
- Under File Activities, click Audio/Video File.
- Select Create new file.
- Enter a name for the new file.
- Select .mp3 in the drop-down menu if you only want to record the students' voices.
- Select .avi in the drop-down menu to record the students' voices and the image from the webcams.
- Click Options for this activity.
- Check Automatically start recording student responses to start the recording as soon as Sonus opens on the students' computers.
- Choose an appropriate Sonus mode.
Recommended: Restricted mode (the students cannot start a new recording or close Sonus.)
- Select Automatically collect the recordings… to automatically collect the recordings on the teacher's computer after the exam.
- Start and stop the activity by clicking and .