The telephone activity allows students to make phone calls to each other's computers (audio only).
Proceed as follows to create a Telephone activity:
- Under Activities, select Telephone.
- Set the activity to your needs in Options for this activity..., add instructions and/or add an attachment.
- Once all students are ready click Start activity .
Result: The dialog box below opens up on the student's screen.
- Students need to click Phone to call one of their classmates who then has to click Answer phone .
As soon as one of them clicks Hang up , the call is ended.
Once in a call, students appear in the caller - callee list.
- Select Monitor to listen in on a call.
- Select Intercom to talk to a pair.
- Select Microphone to talk to all students at once.
- Click Stop activity when the activity is over.